Thursday, October 3, 2013

Ohh the food we will eat…..Tulsa State Fair 2013


If you have ever been to Oklahoma, I feel we are known for taking something seemingly healthy and frying it. Pretty much anything you can think of we will fry at the fair, and then stand in line to try it. I of course and guilty of this, the way I see the fair as an adult is food and people watching. I couldn’t remember the last time I actually rode a ride at the fair. Sadly after this last “Fair Food Trip” I don’t think my stomach is as strong as it used to be. We both felt pretty awful after our trip. Fun, however was had.

 

Let’s recap all the crazy food we ate and things we did.

 

First stop was the “Everything Bacon” vendor, here we had Candy Bacon and Cheesy Bacon Bombs, this was also our last stop where we had Chocolate covered Bacon, Bacon Wrapped Chicken Kabob with Fries and Porkabella Kabob with Hummus and Pretzels.  EVERYTHING from here was good!

I also had to get the Cajun Fried Pickles, Grilled Corn, and Pepper Jack Cheese on a stick.

 

Krystal always gets this steak dinner that is amazing so she got that with the parsley red potatoes, green beans, grilled onions and mushrooms, while I just went for the steak and potatoes. So delish!

 

I am pretty sure one of my new favorites is the new Deep Friend Fruity Pebbles! It for real tasted like a fresh from the oven strawberry cupcake with some crunch! I will more than likely grab this one again when we go this weekend. Trust me we will get WAY less food the second go round.

 

Have I mentioned how afraid of heights I am? Because I am, and my Darling Husband knows this but he insisted that we ride the lift thing… that takes you from one end of the fair to the other. Yeah I am not a fan at all, but he said he would even pay for all three of us. This meant he really wanted to; so I caved and we did. I am just not a fan, as you can tell from the picture…. On the second round after the dog show it was less traumatic but still not so great. Robb spotted the Spaceship ride and we both said we used to love that ride, so for the first time in forever we rode a ride and left with major headaches, it was a lot more intense than I remember that ride being.

 

So here ya go, our little fair excursion. JWe plan on having the deep friend garlic mashed potatoes and not much else on our second and last trip to the fair this year.

We bought a frisbee for Ranger and Robb got to throw it for one of the performing dogs! :) 
Second go round I made Robb promise not to shake the ride so I was a little better 

No comments:

Post a Comment