This past week has been one of changes and updates to the home. Monday was Administrative assistant appreciation day, and being that I don’t really fall under that category “per-say” I felt pretty amazing when one of our closers (Katrena) acknowledged me as someone who helps her. She gave me some very pretty flowers and a thank you card. A small gesture that really made a big impact, she really is like the mother hen around her. I of course took a picture of it.
Tuesday I guess I could actually call it “Transformation Tuesday” because I got my hair done. When I say done I mean a pretty big change. I couldn’t be happier with it either. I took so much length off and added some blonde. I really love it. So happy with the change too, Jacque is really the best hair stylist ever. I will go back in on the 8th to get it a bit more blonde. Can’t wait!
Thursday we missed dance class due to Robb’s allergies, he pretty much came home and crashed. So it was a nice little break, and getting to be lazy is always fun. Friday, was Michael’s last “free” day before he starts his new job (today) so we went to lunch, and he brought me some beautiful flowers!
We went to smash burger and sat outside because it was such a nice day. And boy did I need to take that break it was such a hectic crazy day at work. I was so glad for 5pm to finally hit. When I got home it was time to make some changes. I was just at the end of my rope for the carpet in my office. All the dogs tend to have “accidents” in there and I was just so over it. So I talked my husband in to getting out of bed and we moved everything out and tore up the carpet, pad, and tack strips. My Knees are still hurting from crawling around on the concrete trying to get all the glue marks sanded off and sweeping up all the dirt and boy was their dirt. (So gross!) After all that was done, we rolled up the nasty carpet and pad and really just left it there for a bit. We went to Lowes to buy two ceiling fans for both of our offices and called it a night.
Saturday, grandma came to get me at 11am and we spent the morning together shopping and talking about her wedding, it was a really, really nice day. We went to party America to get napkins and plates and things of that nature, then to Bed Bath and beyond where I bought two more panels for our bedroom windows ( that was a year in the making) and grandma bought me this drain cover thing that will let me get my bath water deeper. That might not seem like a big deal to you but to me it’s pretty freaking awesome! (I was telling her how annoyed I was that it was so low like a week ago, she is so awesome). After that we went to the mall to get some after dinner mints for her wedding and then had lunch in the food court. (Which has changed a LOT). While we were walking out she saw the lady who sold her and Tony her Diamond earrings and wanted to say hi and look for a ring for tony. Her name was “tootie” and she was a hoot! She cleaned our rings while we talked and I happened to notice some infinity necklaces in the case behind us, so I started looking at those. And one was so simple and pretty, I thought this couldn’t be TOO expensive and it wasn’t but before I could say anything grandma asked me if she could buy it for me as an attendant gift ( Kelly and I are her bridesmaids ). I told her she didn’t have to do that, and she said she knows and we went back and forth for a bit and then she just told “tootie” to wrap it up. I almost cried. I love it. And will wear it often. After she dropped me off back at home, Robb was out about to take the carpet and pad to the dumpsters so I just jumped in the car with him and rode along. When we got home from that it was time to hang the first fan. I was a little skeptical that he could do it but he did all on his own and it looks great! I am pretty proud of him, or as he likes to say “You married a MAN!” In the middle of the fan work Michael text me about coming over to Stu’s, which I had TOTALLY forgotten about. (I know I am awful) so we finished up and headed over there. Played a few games, Michael gave us some fun gifts, Robb a shirt and me the 3rd set of TVD trading cards (nerd I know). We both took PM when we got home and slept till NOON yesterday! That almost never happens for me. Then Sunday I went with Robb while he worked at the zoo, then he hung the fan for his office. And we called it a day!
Pretty nice week if ya ask me. Ohh! While we were at Lowes we also signed the contract for the new flooring for my office so now I am waiting on the call from them so we can get that scheduled. I cannot wait!!! I am thinking I want to ask them to do it in the herringbone style?! YAY for updating things in the home! I really need to focus on the outside now that it’s getting nice out again. Maybe this weekend I will try to get more of that done.











No comments:
Post a Comment