Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Shower to Remember

As I have said a few times now, my grandma is getting married. I am so incredibly happy for her. Tony is such a sweet man, and he truly makes her so happy, which makes me so happy. The church they attend (mostly the preachers wife) threw a small wedding shower for her. Which again made me so happy. My grandma means the WORLD to me, and to see others celebrate her just makes my heart overflow with joy. ( a maybe a few tears, you cant prove it) I am lucky enough to work at a place that let me off in the middle of the day to be gone for about three hours so I could attend. I took several pictures and I wanted to share them here. So here goes....
this was her pretty cake



 She had SO many flowers and they were all amazing! I swear they were the most beautiful I have ever seen, so many shades of purple!!!

All the food from Olive Garden they had brought in and her gift table. 

Grandma opening some of her gifts, and then the pray circle that they did for her wishing her so many wonderful thing. Yes I cried when they did this it was so moving. 

As she opened gifts, the gift giver was to give her a piece of advise and some of them were so sweet and others were surprising coming from ladies of a church. Case in point the oldest lady there said to never stop having sex, don't say no. I was taken aback by that one. One of the sweeter ones was that we don't realize that our husbands need us to be their best friends and lift them up. I should really work on that one in my marriage. 



Here is the host of her shower and then my and Grandma! She is the best person in the world truly. I wish everyone has someone as wonderful as her in their lives. She makes mine so much better. 



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you have her! I have only been around her once, but she seems so incredibly sweet! I am so happy that she has found a man that loves her so much!!

    ReplyDelete