By now if you are following this blog, its no surprise that I am a huge Vampire Diaries Fan. Yes, I realize I am almost 30 and that probably shouldn't be THIS into a "young adult" TV show. Nonetheless its my favorite show on currently. I have several that I truly enjoy watching but this one takes the cake. Now that we have that established for anyone new to this place lets continue.... When I found out that we could tour the filming locations I about came out of my skin with excitement. We went in March of 2013 the first time. Michael, Leah, Robb and I all packed into my then 4 door Altima and made that 13 hour drive one way. That was when we found out the "Mystic Grill" was an attorneys office that had caught fire at the end of season 3 I believe and was going to be turned into the actual grill. Which for a fan of this show is pretty amazing. So at the point Robb promised we would return and eat there once it was all finished.
So this past April when I got the itch to travel, this was the destination. However this time our friend Kyle came with us. Who isn't a fan of the show nor watches it at all. They also had added The Originals tour over in Conyers, GA as well so we took that one in addition to the TVD one. We did the TVD tour alone when we went out last year so it was a lot of fun to have some added locations. This will more than likely be a picture heavy post so I hope you like pictures, I just wanted to get it set up a bit before I started posting them. Picture above was taken by my friend Carissa when she went on the tours for Valentines Day this year as a surprise from her boyfriend. She took some great photos, we are still waiting on her post about her trip to Covington.
These first few pics are from our first trip out, you can see that the cover is missing and things are hanging from the roof.
Our first little group :)
Here it is in all its glory and open for business. I couldn't wait to eat here.
Sweet Hubby and I standing in front of the building.
Great shot from Carissa :)
This is the food we had while we were here eating, it was really REALLY good.
Robb and I sitting at a booth near the bar in the Mystic Grill.
This was a neat little wall they had by the restrooms, I ended up buying the Grey and Blue shirts here as well.
This is the roof of the grill, when its NOT freezing and raining they have it open to eat and drink up here.
They actually made a spot just for "Alaric" from the show, and it was in the area where he would always sit as well.
They modeled the bar exactly off the show. It was so pretty in here.
More of the roof top seating.
This was the gift shop below the grill you have to walk down what is known as "stab alley" to get to it. Was a really cute little store.
Robb and I standing outside the gift shop and in "Stab Alley"
I will post more photos we took from the mini vacation but I was most excited about getting to eat here so I figured it deserved its own post.

I want to go back, like ASAP!! They were SO busy when we went to the grill that we weren't able to get very good pics!
ReplyDelete