So this past weekend we got to go to Denver. Things didn’t work out EXCALTY how we had planned for them to but in the end I think it worked out pretty well. We did miss an entire day in Denver but I also got to go to the affair of the heart with my Mon, grandma and mother in law. So yeah at least for me it worked out pretty well. We actually made pretty good time getting there too; I really thought we had at least three hours left when Robb said we were right down the road from our hotel. We came to see the Broncos play Dolphins in Denver. But we also hit up Pike Peak and Bolder while we were in town. I love Colorado. It’s seriously so beautiful there. If Robb’s job took him there I don’t think I would be sad or upset about moving. I would honestly LOVE to live there. The mountains are just so pretty. I love it I really just do. Anyhow over 4 years ago when Robb took me to Co. for the 1st time he had taken me to the aquarium and that was fun but I have always remembered this ad they had up in there for this steak house. So it’s been this ongoing joke about going to THAT steak house the next time we go to Co. Of course we couldn’t remember which one it was but we did happen to see a commercial for one called Ted’s in Boulder so we knew that was the one we were going to go to. Man was that the best steak we have ever had. We even tried the Bison Nachos (delish), so really if you are ever in Boulder, CO. you should check out that steak house.
So when Sunday came around it was time to get ready for our game. We had been looking at the weather and knew it was supposed to snow while we were watching the game but that morning and even before the game started it was really nice out so we weren’t really expecting it to get as cold as it did. We checked out some of the tail gating and I got my face painted and Robb tried to kick a field goal (he didn’t do so well) and we took a picture together and watched the live band that was playing. It was so much fun. The stadium was beautiful and clean. I even grabbed a drink that was delish! I think I will try to recreate that one even. The game was a blast and we had the most beautiful view from our seats, we could see the mountains just past the screen/score board, got to watch the sun set, and even tho we had a pretty bad first half we really brought it out in the second half to come back and win the game! Then after the game we met up with Lisa, Chris Harris’s mom ( she and my aunt are good friends and I went to HS with Chris) so she gave us passes and we got to go on the field and stand where all the “friends and family” get to go and wait for their player to come get them, which lets you see all kinds of things and some of the other players, sadly we didn’t get to see Payton at all but we DID get to snag a picture with Wes Welker! and of course one with Chris and Lisa, and then we took one with a player Lisa kept calling “Meat Loaf” it didn’t really turn out but he was a nice guy, HUGE but nice. And I also noticed a cutie who I was informed was the tallest quarterback in the NFL, so I am guessing he is the back up to Payton. Wish I had taken a picture with him too but he kind of had an entourage around him and I didn’t want to bother him. After all that we went to have dinner at this wonderful hole in the wall Mexican place before we headed home. It was such a fun weekend and I still cannot get over the fact that we got to see the Broncos play IN DENVER and get to go on the field and see so many of the players! I am already looking forward to the next game we go see. I keep telling Robb we should get season tickets but apparently they are on a 10 year waiting list! I am not the biggest “watch football on TV” person but I do LOVE to watch it live.
Tonight I have to get home and pack up as quickly as I can to get ready for our road trip to NYC. We are going to Michael C Hall on Broadway again, and I know I still need to write about our trip to NYC in October but I just haven’t had the time. I will get it to soon tho. Wish us safe travels as we keep getting told we shouldn’t be going tonight. It’s going to be fun and I am looking forward to it! J












Glad ya'll had fun! That was neat that you got to go on the field and behind the scenes! Ya'll do the funnest stuff!
ReplyDelete