Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Autograph Surprise!!!!!

So after our FIRST show of Hedwig, we had so many things on our list of to-do’s we were unable to get back to the theater and try to get Michael C. Hall’s autograph.  That was really the only thing I was sad about when it came to our trip out in October. So when we got home Robb suggested that we send one of our Playbills back to the Belasco with a letter and ask if we can get it signed by him, worst case we lose one of the Playbills.  I am almost 30 and I have NEVER written a “fan letter” but Robb said this would be our best shot to have this work. So I spend the day trying to figure out what to write and then I sent it back to Robb to see if we needed to make any changes.  That night I rewrote it by hand and we sent it off with high hopes. (Sent 10/31/2014) That same night we bought tickets to our second show, so we knew we would 100% be out waiting that time, so we kind of forgot mostly about getting anything back, also I had seen that a lot of people were getting letters back requesting a donation be made to Broadway Cares to receive a signed Playbill back. So at that point I thought ok well we won’t be getting ours back, but again not such a big loss, I mean we were only really out the cost of stamps, which I had on hand anyhow so it didn’t feel like a loss.  Plus if you look at an older post you will see that we got to meet MCH and get his Auto in person! However on 12/06/2014 we got our envelope back in the mail! We were both in a bit of shock and couldn’t wait to get it open, and when we opened it we were both SO PUMMPED!!! I mean look!!

 

 

He wrote our names! OUR NAMES! So I think that means he also read our letter!! 


What a wonderful surprise!!! I cannot wait to get this framed!  We ordered two frames so we could frame our two Playbills (Hedwig and Kinky Boots) they should be in on Thursday! So yeah I am very excited. So I just wanted to share that with you all. I also went ahead and ordered the Hedwig Poster signed by the entire cast to have framed as well for my Christmas gift to myself. I can’t wait to get that in either.  I even talked to Emily about that for a bit on if I should or shouldn’t do that but she said I should.  And I didn’t need much convincing after that. It was our first Broadway show and that means a lot to me if you can’t already tell. Such a huge dream of mine to come true and it just keeps getting better.  So exciting! Much love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment