OUCH!! OUCH!! OUCH!!
Ok, okay. Normally I am not such a baby, but man. I had to get stuck twice this go round. They could get any blood to come out on the left side so the right side got poked. And that side actually hurts. Still. Usually it’s just the poke and then okay I am done and good to go. This time, Ouch! Just ouch.
I did get the nerve to ask Nurse Jan some questions this time, she isn’t the one who takes my blood so I had to wait a bit to see her. I feel a little better now. I asked her why the level 29 was “ok” apparently it was pretty low, normal is in the 40s but she also said it can change several times in a day. The FH level is what’s more important and mine was good. So I don’t have anything to worry about on that end. I also asked why we are not doing ultrasounds to see the follicles and egg, she said that is something the blood work can tell us and normally that is done with Fertility Clinics. I also asked again about what the point of this Clomid Challenge is, and she said that Clomid blocks the hormones that send the message to the ovaries to make and release the eggs. So when I stop taking it my body will send a rush of LH to make it release and drop. So I think todays’ blood work should show that. The last question I asked was how long will we do this? Her answer was 6 months. If I don’t get pregnant from us doing this for 6 months then I will be referred out to a fertility clinic. This is a lot longer than I wanted to hear but at LEAST I have a time line now, and a little bit of hope. I don’t really WANT to have to go through this crazy roller coaster 5 more times, but if it gives us a child and I’m able to make Robb a father then it will be so worth it.
I know in my bones that I am meant to be a mother. Robb was made to be a father. If you could only see him with kids, it’s just so amazing. I don’t want to be the reason he can’t have that. I know he loves me no matter what but I want to be able to do this for him, for me, for us. I want us to be a family. I want this so bad.
Until that magical day happens I just have to keep praying and lean on my husband and friends. I just hope they don’t get too tired of hearing me cry.
That’s all for now.
Keep the faith!


No comments:
Post a Comment