Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Cancer SUCKS and other things

Today is February 25th, 2014, 3 days before my grandma’s 70th birthday, the second day of my new position at work, 164 days away from the Dallas TVD Convention with Carissa and lastly 12 days of knowing that my favorite person in the entire world has breast cancer.

That is a brief summary of what I think I will cover in this post. Forgive me if it’s a bit all over the place. Let’s start with the job….

Two weeks and 2 days ago I accepted a new job with a new company. I was just over FATA. I wasn't getting it as well as I felt I should, I felt like I was such a burden to everyone there and that it would just be easier to leave.  Apparently they didn’t like that idea and completely changed my position and manager to get me to stay. So I had to call (and I felt so bad) to tell the other company I wouldn’t be coming over after all and that I was sorry.  So this Monday I started the new position. Lord have mercy, the animosity between my previous closer and supervisor has made for a very hard two days.  Luckily my new supervisor and her team love me.  I am hoping the ice chips off the other two ladies soon. I mean I would hate to have to actually do my job as well. (that was sarcastic in case you missed it.)

The TVD Convention is coming back to Dallas but for 3 days this time! Carissa and I are of course going to go. We had such an amazing time last time! I cannot wait to go again. It’s like you step into this dream world of your favorite TV show! Plus to get to actually touch Ian and the others just makes it so much more real. I know I sound like a tween but I have to have at least one vice and this is most defiantly it. Robb loves and hates it, well mostly hates but he likes the show as well. But it is not the cheapest hobby.  We have already spent upwards of $700 on it with I am sure more $100s to go. The hotel isn't even paid for yet so I can guarantee you this 3 day weekend will run about 2k. Worth every penny! Plus we have quite some time to slowly acquire our wants. Move over Elena I am coming for the boys!!

Speaking of Conventions, did you know that there is going to be one in Tulsa? It will have a bunch of people I couldn't care less about BUT there WILL be 5 people from The Walking Dead, which is another favorite show! So I am hoping to try and hit this one to. It’s in November so we still have quite some time. But I would so LOVE to snag a pic with Darryl and Hershel while they are in town. (Those are the character names, I can’t think of their real names at the moment.)

The other two items mentioned go together. My grandma means the WORLD to me. She has ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS been here for me. I cannot believe she will be 70 on Friday. I don’t know why but time just stopped for me when she turned 54. I have always just said she was 54 from that point on. So to say 70 is just crazy. The scary thing is that she found out she has Breast Cancer.  She told me on Feb 12th. She sounded ok with it. I didn’t take it well. I cried myself to sleep. There are MANY positives though. They found it super early on and she has a 98% chance of everything being just fine. She will go back to the Dr. Tomorrow to schedule out her 1st surgery. If the lab work from that comes back clear she will undergo 6 weeks of radiation. Let’s all just pray this is how this turns out for her.  What I think sucks the most is this is going to put her wedding on hold. She was so excited about this. I just hate everything about this for her. I don’t want my grandma to be sick. She has to live to be 250. I truly do not know what I would do without her.  A nice silver lining to this story is that she and Tony will be moving to our neighborhood. He is going to by her a NEW home. This is pretty much our home (our floor plan)  but with all the upgrades. I won’t lie I am a bit jealous. But if anyone deserves a nice thing right now it’s her.  I am SO grateful to Tony for making this dream of hers come true. Plus the fact she will be so close to us is just amazing. Now if she needs anything we will only be down the street from her. It Works out nicely. It won’t be done until May but I am on pins and needles waiting!! 

Just a few more things, this past weekend we went an impromptu dance night. That was a lot of fun; it was with and at the place we have our Thursday night classes for West Coast Swing. Then Saturday I helped Krystal make a banner for her sister’s bachelorette party coming up this weekend. That is this coming Saturday and I am already dreading the “having to go out and party”. I am so old. I am excited for her and I want to be there for her but can’t I just be there in spirit.  I know I am awful. And I know it will be fun once the night starts but I like to be in at an old woman’s time.  Yes, my name is Lacey and I am 28 going on 200, I know this moving on!

As we all know my mom is living with us, and you know I just wish you could see my mom and my husband on a daily basis, I really think they could have a show. It’s so flipping funny.  Anyhow, Mom broke a tooth, like REALLY bad and she needs to have it pulled. So I contacted my dentist, who is the best dentist EVER to see what he would charge because she doesn't have insurance, she typically goes to the Indian clinic but it’s in Okmulgee and she has a job now and works ALL THE TIME so it’s not easy for her to go. But our wonderful dentist is going to half the cost with us so it will be cheaper for my mom!!! How awesome is that!!!??  I know that is such a small thing but it really means a lot to me. We really love our dentist. And according to him we are his favorite coupleJ.


That is going to be it for tonight, Robb is making a cake for Kyle’s 1 year with the company and it is loud so I am having a hard time focusing on my blog. Plus The Originals is on and I need to go watch it! Love to all! XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your Grandma :( She is so strong though! She will get through it!

    http://lnfoster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete