Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Tulsa is getting a Convention

So our local new paper did a story on the convention that is coming to Tulsa. It's going to be featuring 5 main cast members of The Walking Dead. Do you watch that show? It is so crazy and right up at the top of my list of favorite TV shows. Last year when we did the tour of Mystic Falls we also took in a few filming locations from The Walking Dead on our way back home. Which was super fun! We even got to see "Woodberry" signs still up in the area where that whole location was filmed. So back to the convention that will be here. I haven't been into conventions for all that long. I only went to my first one last year and woah! It was so much fun, super nerdy but so fun. What can I say I am forever a true nerd at heart, I totally geeked out. So I think this is going to be the first ever convention IN Tulsa, at least for this type of thing. Robb had mentioned this one to me a few months ago because Scott Wilson AKA "Hershel" was going to be in attendance. If you don't watch the show then I don't want to give anything away but let's just say I LOVE him! In addition to him Norman Reedus AKA "Darryl" will be there too! Pretty much love him as well.

With the Tulsa World telling everyone about it and this being one of the biggest shows right now, we felt we needed to take action as to not miss out on our two favorites from the show. So today I snagged some tickets. We just want to see these two so there wasn't any need to get a VIP or 3 day pass type of thing, I just purchased the two photo ops and 2 Saturday day passes. Sadly this isn't until November 8th of this year so we still have a LOT of time between now and then, maybe a few others from our show will sign up but for now we are super stocked with what we will be getting to do. And compared to the cost of the TVD convention we feel like we are getting this for a steal at about $230. We decided we would split the cost as we both actually wanted to do this one.... I think me a bit more than Robb because he tries to act "too cool" sometimes but I know he geeks out too. Ohh gosh I cannot wait to hug Scott Wilson. He just has the kindest face and voice ever.

If you watch the show and want to go too here is the link http://www.wizardworld.com/home-tulsa.html (I'm nice like that :) )

There are going to be several other actors in attendance, like James Marsters, and if this were 10 years ago I would be super geeking out but alas I feel I am past my "Buffy" period. But if my friend Michael decides to grab his pic and you know wants me to take the pic with him I wouldn't be rude. ;) ( sorry I am cracking myself up )

So yeah that's happening for sure now! And shortly after we do this it will be Robb and I's FOUR year anniversary!

Until next time! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment