Sunday, July 27, 2014

Checking In....


I know I have been slacking here lately, I even have had things to talk about. Sometimes its just so hard to stop whats going on to sit down and do this. Like today for instance, I feel like crap. I have been sick all weekend. Mostly staying in bed except for the two items we had previously planned the bed and I have become wonderful friends. I am not even sure if I will get all that I need to update, updated in this sitting. Mostly because I just want to go back to bed. Being sick is for the birds. I think the only perk to being sick is I somehow managed to get my mother in laws "Cowboy Stew" made for me. This stuff is the bomb and for some reason when I am really sick it sounds amazing. So that's what I am doing currently, eating my stew and trying to blog a bit. Let's try to begin....
Mom's Cowboy Stew

This past weekend Robb and I went down to my aunt house in Broken Bow. She had been asking us to come out for two years now and we finally made time to do so. It was a full house this weekend, both of my cousins and one of their girlfriends (Jerris) were there too. We were lucky enough to have Kelly give us the bed. (score!) We got in fairly late, well later than I had hoped to be there but anyhow, we just stayed up and talked for a bit, Kelly showed us the house and warmed us up some dinner she had made and then we all went to bed. The next Morning she had this yummy breakfast dish made for all of us. After breakfast we all showered and then it was off to start out day. We started at Girls Gone Wine. This super cute little Winery, Kelly kept telling me I would love it, I of course did. Kelly, Brett, Jerris and I all sampled several of their wines and I ended up bring home three bottles and we all bought a glass of what we loved best and sat out on their patio area and talked. After that we hit a little coffee shop called Adam and Eve's, Robb somewhat tried to show me how to play chess while also making it super easy for him to just win so I didn't want to play anymore *Cough*cheater*. We were also promised a "float trip" now when we think of a float trip we think a big raft and being lazy all that good stuff. Well in Broken Bow a float trip is really kayaking, for five miles of crazy crazy rocky waterfall filled water. Did I mention the water was also freezing. I was so scared I would fall in, I mean I had never Kayaked before, ever! and it was hard. But I didn't fall, I did get stuck several times, and went down a few scary areas backwards but it was actually REALLY REALLY fun.  I would do it again. Ohh and did I mention the place we went to fed us before we went out while we were waiting on them to get back to take us out to the drop off. Pretty cool. When we got back to my aunt house we all rinsed off and got in her hot tub and had some yummy wine-a-ritas. Pizza was ordered and we hug out the rest of the night. Had a little fire in the back and then they decided to shot off some fireworks. Sunday when we got up Kelly had breakfast cooked for us again, and everyone started packing up and getting ready to head home, but not before she had us take a picture. It was really a super fun weekend.

Kelly with Robb and I on our first Kayaking trip

This was before the crazy started so we are pretty calm 

They talked me into getting in the water. I did NOT go under however

at the very end they had a rope swing and Robb of course had to do it. 

Jerris and I in the hot tub with our Wine-a-ritas

one of the fireworks they set off. 

This is at Girls Gone Wine. 

Hot Tub and fire pit time. 

My delish take home from Girls Gone Wine

Here are the pictures Kelly made us take before we All left. 


Kelly wanted to get an old time photo done so this is what we did. 


This weekend we went on a movie date with our friend Kyle and Brandi, Michael and his new family were there as well to see The Purge 2. I had to stuff some tissue in my ear because it was hurting so bad, and the loud movie wasn't helping, but I am just not one to back out of plans I have made if i can help it at all. But the movie was really good. So much better than the first one, by a LOT. After the movie I went straight to bed. Saturday (yesterday) I was in bed ALLLLLLLL day until 5pm, I then got up took a shower and we went to Outback for Carissa's birthday dinner. I ate like all my food too, that is kind of rare for me but I also hadn't ate much the last few days, so i'm hopeful that will help me start to feel better.
Carissa and her Birthday Dish, we helped her eat that :) 


I also did s little bit of online shopping, I know I shouldn't have but I did and I am excited to get my new things.
just got this top 
Top and shorts I ordered
Front and back and I got that necklace to go with





Finally got a pair of shoes like this. 












Also this coming Friday is our Michael Buble Concert! I cannot wait! So hope I am 100% better by then. This is will be my 4th concert of his and the 1st one for Robb. I can't wait for him to see him. I am not really sure I will update again until after the concert, unless something major happens. Until then hope everyone has a great week ahead of them!

Mr. I hate cats playing with the little cat from the neighbor to my aunts home



P.S if you haven't seen the movie Rock of Ages, you should watch it. I am kind of in love with it currently and listen to the soundtrack a lot.
and that happened! I love him! 

( I am sure I have typos and errors galore but I am sick, tired and just don't care enough to go back and check today. Sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment