| Our Selfie with the Hough Siblings |
To say we had an amazing weekend would be such the understatement. We had a blast doesn't even cover it. Yes, we did see the show when it came to Tulsa on the 29th of May and it was because of that show, that on the 30th of May these "Ultimate VIP" tickets were purchased. It was worth the 8 hour drive and every penny spent on the tickets.
We headed out after work on Friday, having packed the night before. Drove though the night to Omaha, Nebraska and stayed in a hotel with hallways that had me saying "red rum" while walking down them. We got up, had our crappy breakfast that came with our room, got ready and headed out. We still had several hours to kill so Robb decided to tease me and take me over to the South Dakota state line, I got SO excited thinking we were about to see Mount Rushmore too, but it was 6.5 hours from where we were and we just didn't have the time, so we took the picture below to sent to Leah. Her family lives in this state and we wanted to have a picture of us "in" SD.
| You can see the "welcome" sign behind us |
| Cute little flags they had up everywhere. |
| Here are some of the cones I was talking about. |
| We even stopped to take a few pics with the cones. |
| Our Dorky Pic from the Parlor. |
After lunch it was time to head back over to Sioux City, IA to get ready for the show, We had to check in by 4:15. We were there by 3:50. So we stood outside the theater, which was a REALLY nice venue and waited to be let in. A short while later a sweet older man came out to tell us that they were going to check in the "Ultimate VIP" followed by the "VIP". The check in was simple, I just had to give them my drivers license to show I was who I said I was and then sign my name and Robb had to sign his below mine as my guest. Two other gentleman handed us our "gift" bag and another put a wrist band on us. We stood around for bit more looking at the very pretty venue. After that we were given a back stage tour, we got to see the quick change areas and all the costumes, walk out on the stage ect... this wasn't the highlight of the trip or anything but it was still kind of neat to see all the workings of the behind the stage and whatnot. Our group was then placed in rows at the back of the seating area and then the VIP group was let in after everything was explained to us. We got to see Derek and Julianne walk from the stage to the front to get ready for the pictures.(Derek was singing the "Jaw's" theme song as he was walking up to the back of the auditorium.) Robb said something along the lines of " she was looking at me when she walked by" and these two older ladies behind us heard him and said "yeah" she said "Call me" and the other said that's fine as long as she (pointing to me) gets her brother" we all had a pretty good laugh. Then they called us back row by row, you went in, got to set down everything you didn't want in the picture and then go say hi to them. With our ticket group we were able to get "one pic per ticket" and the options where "selfie" or professional, we choose to do one of each. Derek was the so called "Selfie Expert" so he took my phone and snapped three fast pics and then we all smiled for the other camera, They said thank you and we walked down to the front of the stage to be seated for the Q&A portion. We were in the 3rd row for this. We were sitting down talking to the people around us when the tour guide/photographer came down and told us that our pic was blurry and that we needed to go back up to do re-takes, I know it was just awful. So we climbed out of our seats and went back up to get in line again, this time Derek and Julianne recognized us and Derek did this little fishing move to get us to come on over, I felt kind of bad that we were up there again, and told them sorry, they said " No don't worry about it" and we all got in real close and took another picture. What are the odds of us getting to go back up and spend a bit of added time with them. I hope that picture turns out as good as the one Derek took. So back to our seats, I had told Robb on the way that I had a question for them but when we were told we had to stand up and speak loud so everyone can hear the question I chickened out. So Robb asked it for me. When he stood up he told them how we saw them at the Tulsa show and enjoyed it so much we came out to this one to see them again, they both said " oh the Tulsa show was a mess you are in for a treat tonight" followed by just Julianne with "well we hope, I may have jinked it now" Our question was if they would be releasing a DVD of this show, sadly no they wont be but they are already starting to work on a new show for next year. Almost everyone got to ask a question, they were so super sweet and engaging with the crowd and funny. When they answered someones question they really looked at that person the whole time. Then they thanked us and hoped we all enjoyed the show, they had to go get ready and warm up. That alone was so much fun and we still had the show ahead of us.
We still had about 45 mins before they were going to start seating, so we tried to order a bottle of water from the little bar in the theater area but they only took cash so she told us about this actual bar attached to them and they will take cards. So we went over there and Robb got a water and I tried this Black Cherry Mikes Harder Lemon-aid. I must say it was pretty freaking good. Also they have a bit more alcohol in their drinks than we have here in Oklahoma, so I was feeling it more than I expected to.
| Yummy Drink |
| Cute Husband with his VIP Pass |
Finally it was time to take our seats and watch the show. It was a completely different experience sitting in the fourth row than sitting at the very back, we saw so much more including the sweat flying off the dancers during the routines. Even Robb was in awe. The show was even better than what I remembered. We did take a few videos as well so I wanted to share those with you.
This was part of their opening number.
Here is one of Julianne's numbers, this girl can dance!
This song gets stuck in my head, this was one of my favorite routines they did, this was also the one they did on Ellen when they were promoting the show.
This one backs right up to the video above it. This, at least to me was so cute. Of all the things I wanted to get recorded this was the one I loved best. See why I think they should put out a DVD of their show!?
Here are the best pictures we got of the night. Yes I know this is a picture heavy post but I am a visual person deal with it.
| rawr! |
| so dramatic |
![]() |
| Hello! |
![]() |
| how cute is she!? |
After the show we took some time trying to find our car again to drop off our things and so I could change my shoes, I am not very fast in heels. After all that was done we went back down to where their buses were to wait and see if we could maybe see them again before we left. We didn't even attempt this at the Tulsa show. It was a school night and I am old. Don't judge. We only had to stand around in a very large crowd mind you for about 20 minuets? I am not the best judge of time on these things but really it wasn't long. I did get a few pics with some of the other company dancers. It was fun getting to talk to them, we even found out that they did most of the choreography three days before their first show, which was why they all think the Tulsa show was such a mess because they were all still trying to remember what they had just learned. Fun little fact for ya.
| Me and a few of the dancers, all so nice and the guy on the far right was also on so you think you can dance. |
Then Derek and Julianne came out, it was surprising how fast they made it though the line of people. Derek came by first and took a selfie with us again, I know Robb said something to him and shook his hand but I don't really remember, It was such a blur.
I have always really loved them both but now more than anything I think they are wonderful Role models. I just adore Julianne. Getting to be around them so much this past night and seeing how they interact with their fans was just so amazing. I hope they actually do have another show next year, because I know for a fact we will want to go. Was it a lot of money and a long drive, yes. Was it 100% worth every bit of it, yes, this was one of those "priceless" nights that I wouldn't want to trade away. Amazing, just amazing.
| Our gift autographed programs, VIP passes, tickets, Streamer from the show and Info on Derek's new book, which I will read when it comes out. |
I hope you somewhat feel like you were there with us, I am not the best blogger but I do try. and I know one day I will be so glad I did.
Until Next time XOXO.



Fabulous blog ....thanks so much for sharing....you have one special man!!
ReplyDelete