Thursday, July 10, 2014

Red, White and BOOM!!

know, I know, I am way behind on this post and I have several things to talk about. Starting with last Thursday, I have of course forgotten some details but I will do my best to get what I do remember in.   So last week after work we want out to Kyle’s dad’s shop for the annual Firework Show. This year we invited my mom, Jessica, her two kids, her boyfriend Nick and out friend Krystal. Michael and his crew even showed up this year. I got to see Cassidy too, Even if only for a bit. We were as always treated to some free shirts, which I think this year was the best yet, burgers and hot dogs! It was a great show, we missed the second half because mom wanted to get another shirt but that’s ok. Yes I said second half. They really go all out each year. I always love getting to do this. It just gets bigger each year it’s always so much fun. After this we pretty much went home and went to bed.  Sadly I didn’t take any pictures.

 

Here is a pic Jess sent me of them wearing their shirts from the show. 

Friday we both had off work, so I woke up deciding that today was the day we were going to take back the yard.  It wasn’t bad, but I was just tired of how run down our back yard was looking and I needed to get the front put back together. So we hit Starbucks and then Lowes, where I finally talked Robb into letting me buy a new lawn mower that I can start by myself. We also grabbed 13 total bags of mulch and new hose hanger for the front.  Once we got home I started pulled all the weeds in the front while Robb was slacking off getting the mower put together.  We of course didn’t have gas for it so he had to run to QT and I am glad he did because he brought me back a redbull. After I got all the new mulch down in the front I started the pretty new mower all on my own and took after the front yard. Robb weed ate the front and back. By the time we were done with all this mom was back from her movie date and started to help us on the back, she took over mowing and we starting pulling all the weeds from the back. We picked up the back porch, laid new mulch, cleaned the grill and got the patio all set up. We then sent mom to the store to get some food for us to grill, and it was a awesome dinner followed by a fire on the patio and watching the fireworks from our back yard. After all our hard work it was such a nice reward to just sit back and enjoy being outside.  Our friend Kyle came over and hung out with us for a while and then once the fire went out we went inside and watched a movie.  ( Bad Words with Jason Bateman, was great)

 

         The front after we were done
                       New mulch 
                 Looks much better 
Our new holder for the front small upgrade for us but I like it. 
Our backyard mostly done, now we are tearing up those back "grass beds" I am not a Gardner, I tried and failed. 

Hubby getting the grill going for the first time this year 

This was our dinner steak and a loaded potatoe!! Love it.

         Our view for the fireworks 


Saturday was our Wicked Day! So we got around and got ready to go, we picked up Krystal, and then headed to the Tulsa P.A.C to meet up with my friend from HS Brian Landers. I hadn’t seen him in FOREVER. He was already there tickets in hand. We all talked and go to know each other, mostly during intermission. We all of course enjoyed the show. I was so glad that the girl who played the “good” witch really got into it. I have now seen this show 3 times, and I think I will call it good on this show now. Three is enough for me. Plus I have the sound track so I listen to it all the time anyhow.  After the show we all went out to dinner.  We went to this new hibachi grill place. It was wonderful, Robb and I said we will go back to try their sushi. So we had dinner and talked for some time. After dinner we took Krystal home and then it was off to house sit/dog sit for grandma. Man did we sleep well at her house it was so quiet there.

             Wicked screen :) 
 
Waiting for the show to start 
We took this right after. I love this picture I think I'll have it printed. 
Brian and I. Was so nice to see him again 
        My hunny and I at grandmas 


Sunday we went to moms work to have lunch with Lizzi, Brent and the babies. I love that even with our busy lives when we are near each other her and I still make time.  We stayed at the restaurant for a few hours and then they followed us home so Lizzi could borrow some clothes, her and Brent had decided last minute to go to see Wicked.  After they left we took mom to church. It’s July so they are doing the At the Movies series which is our favorite series they do all year. Mom LOVED it. She is excited to go back thiscoming Sunday. (As are we.) After church we came home and mom made us dinner and we just enjoyed the rest of our day and watched Big Brother.

Lizzi, Audrey and I before she left for the show 
 
The Jenks campus was Frozen!!!

Monday, Robb had the day off so he came up to my work to surprise me. It was so sweet; we even went to lunch together which almost never happens. It really made my day.  Then after work I went over to Dinah’s to have dinner with her, Lizzi, and Rachel. We just talked and caught up. Mostly talked about all our crazy memories we all have together and the upcoming reunion.  Plus I got to see Lizzi two days in a row! Win for us!

 

Me holding baby Audrey 
Us girls after dinner 

That’s pretty much the gist of it. This weekend, or tomorrow I guess Robb and I head out for our VIP experience with the Move Tour! I cannot wait to see that again and get to meet the Hough Siblings. I will post about that when we get home from our fast little weekend trip! Until then XOXO.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic few days! Wow- that 4th of July event sounds like they really go all out! How fun!

    I haven't seen Wicked, but I would love to! Maybe next time they come to town!

    Have a blast this weekend in your VIP MOVE TOUR!!! Take lots of pics!

    We need to get together soon, I miss ya!! I have two full weeks left of summer class and then I am free until mid-August.

    ReplyDelete