Monday, August 4, 2014

Some like it Hot, Hot, Hot(Tub)

So it has been almost a week now of us having a hot tub. Thanks to my aunt Kelly and hers we ended up getting one as well. Really it was a great deal, and this sucker is nice. I mean it’s not like top of the line superdeal from the fair with all the bells and whistles. BUT it is nice and it’s the perfect size for us and fits perfectly on our back patio.  It’s perfect for us and for the price we really couldn’t beat it. What I find the funniest part about this whole thing is that we got ours because of Kelly, and then Emily and Phil bought one this past weekend from seeing ours, and now Leah and Chris are talking about it as well as Krystal. We kind of set off chain reaction, or at least my aunt did. Small thing but it makes me smile. We have been in the hot tub pretty much every night since we bought it as well. I think Saturday night was the night I was in the longest. My sister Leah aka Silky came over and hung out with me, we down 3 bottles of wine and sat out there for HOURS. It was kind of amazing. I think she and I really needed that sister bonding time and I am so grateful for it as well. I love her so much and we just really got to reconnect.  It was so much fun.  Then last night my friend Krystal came over and we want to Josh’s SnoCone place which is by far the BEST one in Tulsa, anyhow after that we got in there and stayed for almost 2 hours. This thing has really become a time suck. But it’s nice and fun. So we have really enjoyed it.  My mom refuses to get in, so it is Robb’s goal to get her in it at least once. The only thing I don’t like is how hast it seems the water cools down. I know 97* is still “hot” but to me that’s kind of cold when it comes to a hot tub. So when the chilly nights start up I am not sure how often I personally will be getting in but I am sure Robb won’t care at all.  But it’s so nice to have a little get away in the privacy of our own back yard.  Here are a few pictures from the some of the times we have been in it.
This is us finishing getting it set up for the first night. 
So you can see how perfectly it fits back here. 
First time in, it was a chilly raining day so this was ideal for us. We had to let it sit for 24 hours to warm up and get the water treated for use. 
Me and silky working on our 3rd bottle here 
When we first got in Saturday :) fun weekend!! 

I will try to write about my amazing Friday tonight... Until then. XOXO!! 





1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try your new hot tub out! I bet that Pat and I get one once we get into the new house! I have always wanted a hot tub, but the traditional ones are so expensive!

    ReplyDelete