Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Just keep swimming

Well this, I don’t even know where to start. I have so many exciting things about to happen and at the same time I have some really hard family struggles going on as well. Nothing with Robb and me but it hurts just the same. If you are a reader of this crazy all over the place blog, please keep my grandma in your prayers and thoughts. She is going through a difficult time which in return breaks my heart. I am super close with my grandma and she has always been the most amazing person in my life, so when she hurts, I tend to hurt. It’s hard to even talk about it without actually saying what exactly is going on but that’s not really something I think should be put into a “blog”.  I will say we found out yesterday that the family dog, Diego, has cancer. They said he will have about 3 months. So it’s going to be a long sad road ahead for us when it comes to this. We have had him for 10 years. I am not even sure I can even imagine life without him at grandma’s house.  We used to always worry so much about what would happen to grandpa if something happened to Diego, and then when we suddenly lost grandpa we were all in shock.  It’s silly to think but I personally feel like Diego is the last connection we have to grandpa. There are just so many reason I hate that this happening.  I don’t think I can even put into words the sadness I feel with this news. I am just going to do my best to be here for grandma 100%.


The better more exciting news is that we have made some pretty exciting purchases in the last week or so. First of all Robb got us tickets to go see the Denver Broncos IN DENVER! I am so excited about this, like bucket item excited. The game isn’t until November 23rd but it’s always fun to have something to look forward to.  I am also working on Tony who is working on grandma to get them to go out to Denver with us. I know Tony is in.


Also last night/yesterday we found out that Michael C. Hall is going to be taking over the lead in a Broadway in NYC right as we will be there. We had been looking for one that we could both agree on and that we wanted to see so this news came at the perfect time. So we purchased out tickets for that last night in addition to getting tickets to see Boyce Avenue in Concert the day before. Our NYC trip is going to be amazing. That isn’t happening until the end of October but I am very much looking forward to getting to see New York in the fall and get to take our time and enjoy the strolls through the city.


My birthday weekend is coming up as well. We already have that packed. The Friday before I am going to get the tattoo on my wrist covered up, I am not exactly sure what we will change it to but it will be so nice to COMPLETELY close that chapter of my life.  Then Saturday we are going to The Pink House with Chris and Leah to do this “Haunted Dinner”. Finally on Sunday, my actual birthday we plan to go have dinner at Bonefish Grill and then have a watch party for The Walking Dead. I am keeping my fingers crossed we have the new floors in by then and our home put back together.


I know for a fact I wouldn’t be able to do or go to any of these amazing things if it weren’t for my sweet husband and my mom being at our house to watch our babies, I am so thankful for the life I have now and the wonderful people who are in it. I am thankful for this chance to get so much closer to my mom than I ever have. If I didn’t have such an awful “dad” I wouldn’t know or appreciate the wonderful people in my life, so I am doing my best to try and look at it that way. You can’t have a rainbow without the storm.  With so many great things coming up it’s hard to stay sad. Much love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment