We have officially been with our air conditioning for a week now. I think in some sick way my husband thinks it’s funny to watch mom and I suffer. It’s hot! Like thick air, carpet feels wet; kitchen floor won’t dry after it’s mopped hot. Robb insists that he can fix it but it’s been a one part at a time type of “I can fix this” attitude. He will ‘google’ and think this part must be it, order it, wait, get the part, try it out, works for 10 minutes then stops, so let’s order a different part and try that. I have officially had enough. If this last part that we are currently waiting on to get here doesn’t 100% FIX this, then we are calling an actual repair man.
What makes it worse it my 10 year reunion istomorrow night and it’s just too hot to even get ready. I can’t blow dry my hair and curl it because I would die. It’s just too hot to do so. I mean I CAN but come on you know how it is as girls, doing your make up while sweating just isn’t pretty. Seems like I will have to go over to grandmas to get ready in the morning, I can do my make up at work on my lunch break but I will need to already have my hair done. Speaking of hair, I changed it again. Its short and I have bangs now. When I say bangs I mean hello BANGS! Like woah, I don’t HATE it but it’s very different for me. I’m still trying to get used to it. I will say my new color is AWESOME, I do love it. I took out the teal and replaced it with “eggplant purple” so I have red, purple and a dark brown. It’s on point. I have only been able to wear it down one day this week with it being so hot at home. Tomorrow I should be able to get a few more pictures of it fixed and down.
I really am not looking forward to the reunion at all. No one spoke up other than the dummies of our class and they all would rather spend money on beer than a nice get together. It’s just been such a mess. Annoying really, so the “reunion” is mostly just a football game with a tour of the school? I’m not really sure why that is a thing, I mean we were there for 4 years and its changed so much in the last 10 years, so it won’t even be the same as we last remembered it. Plus it seems that some of the class is just stuck being 18 they all want to do it a bon fire and a kegger out on a piece of land. I highly doubt I will be attending that after the game. Then we will have a family day thing at a splash pad, again not going, followed by a “meet up” at Bakers Street Pub. I am still ify on that one. I mostly just want to see Lizzi, I pretty much keep in contact with all the people I want to from high school. I don’t know, I just had much higher hopes for this and it’s become something so dumb because only *those* type of people were commenting. I guess we will see how it goes. I know Robb isn’t looking forward to going either.
Lastly, The Friends pop up “Central Perk” Coffee shop opened yesterday; it looks to have been a huge success. Sadly it only runs till October 18th and we will not be going to NYC until the 23rd. So we are JUST missing it. we had talking about just flying out over a weekend to see it before our actual big trip but out stupid flight benefits were cut down from 24 to 8! EIGHT, that’s not even half, So in order to be able to fly out and back home on our big trip we will have to drive if we want to go see this. I know again Robb doesn’t care about this as much as I do, but its FRIENDS! I have loved this show forever! And this is like a dream come true to get to sit on THAT couch and see all the mementos from the show. However the drive is looking to be just Robb and I and its 20 hours ONE WAY! So that would be 40 hours in a car to be in NYC, or well Soho for right at 24 hours. Seems just plain crazy right? If we could get 2 more people to go with us, it would cut the price down so much and help break up driving times. All the ones who I thought would want to go with us, are sadly stating that “they just can’t” So it’s up in the air. We COULD still go and we very well might but gosh that is a long time in a car. Getting there would be ok and being there would be so worth it to me but that drive back, I mean coming back home is always the worst. And if we aren’t careful it could be VERY late Sunday that we get in and I have to work that Monday. Also I am so old I would be so just zonked out at work, which wouldn’t be good. I don’t know what we should do verses what I want to do. I do know that if it wasn’t for Robb this wouldn’t even be an option so for that I am thankful, I just don’t know what to do. We only have about 14 more days to make up our minds. I guess time will tell…



No comments:
Post a Comment