Tuesday, May 13, 2014

"I can't Believe it's not wood"

Yes, Yes I am aware of how long it has been. I am sorry, I have been busy. Don't we all say that. I have several things I need to update you on, so I figure I will just post a few short ones here and there as to not have one huge post all over the place. I am going to start with the home updates. Because those are what I like best.

A few weekends ago, when I came home from work, I had decided that it was time to go for the carpet in my office. The dogs here had made my office their personal "accident" room. I was just at the end of my rope for it. So I came home on a mission and got Robb involved and we tore it all up, took up the tac strips and vacuumed the concrete. It was a chore, that's for sure. However I wasn't done. I somehow managed to talk the sweet hubby into a Lowe's trip for some ceiling fans. My office needed one as did his. So off we went. I even stayed under what I said I wanted to spend on the fans. (yes I am giving myself a pat on the back for that. deal with it) Once we had the fans in hand, I also managed to talk Robb into signing the contract at Lowe's to have the new flooring put down in my office. He said this was my plan all along and really it wasn't but it sure worked out for me.

Robb was tired so we didn't put the fans up this night. The next day I spent most of the day with my grandma and we had the best day, I helped her pick out some things for her wedding,she bought me an attendant gift which I now wear everyday and we had a great lunch. really it was such a nice day. When she brought me back home Robb was about to dump the carpet. So I just jumped in with him and rode around for a bit. Once we were home from that trip, he started on the fans! I was honestly skeptical as to his ability to hang them on his own. Much to my surprise he did great! We love them.
Robb in action

His office, I sadly didn't really before and after mine.

My beautiful gift from grandma! 

I had to wait awhile for them to come out and do the floors, but man was it worth the wait. I LOVE them! My office looks so nice now and NO ACCIDENTS have occurred in the almost full week ( tomorrow) I have had them. I already have the itch to get the rest of the house done in this title. by rest I mean the living room and we will leave the bedrooms (AKA rooms with closing doors) with carpet.
Working on it. 

All done! Isn't it amazing! That's not wood! its TILE Woah! 

my office put back together with my new fan! So nice!!! I am in love with my office. 


another view. I mean look at that floor. So pretty. 


                                             
I also added another panel to our bedroom window dressings. not a HUGE change but I like it much better. I am slowly getting the updates that we want done to our home. I think a new back door will be the next update. We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful new floors! I can't wait to see them tomorrow at the TVD finale party!

    ReplyDelete